Wisdom of Crowds - Make your predictions!
The following Mixed Martial Arts events are available for you to predict! Please read the guide below if you aren't sure what to do.
Guide to making predictions
First of all, thanks for making predictions - the system wouldn't work without people willing to do that! :)
- Try not to listen to other people's predictions or look and bookmaker odds before placing your picks!
- Only make picks on fights you feel you know something about.
- Don't just put 100% for one fighter or the other - we get much better results when people fill out their predictions properly!
Setting your picks
For each fight you get 2 sliders; prediction and confidence.
- Prediction: If the fight happened 100 times, how many times would each fighter win? You might think "there's no way X can beat Y, so I'm putting 100%".... OK, well tell that to Matt Serra when he fought GSP. We get much better results when people fill this slider in properly.
- Confidence: This of this like your level of knowledge in the fight. I sometimes get asked "why would I put something different for confidence compared to prediction? Is it not the same thing?" Well, kinda... One example where you might put a low confidence is if you're predicting a fight with a newcomer to the UFC, or if you just don't know that much about a fighter. You might not see many ways for him to win but he might have improved a lot since his last fight or there might just not be much information out there.
Changing or cancelling picks
You can change your picks at any time up until 7 hours before the first fight. To cancel a pick, just set the confidence to 0% and the pick will be removed when predictions are closed.
Viewing the picks
I post all the picks manually at present, so check out what the Wisdom of Crowds said on the handicapper profile page here. Click the follow button to get email notifications when a new pick is posted.